Friday, September 26, 2008

Bio-Mom

Wsister asked if I said things to my kids - I really tried not too.
I grew up being told by Bio-Mom that my hair looked like a mop - if a stick was up my butt, I would be a good mop for the floor. I still have hang-ups about my hair.....do you blame me!

When my kids (J-girl, MiddleMan, BrooklynBoy) were younger - I tried never to compare them; which after I think about the pass, I missed a lot of praising I should have done - especially with daughter, J-girl.

Now I have learned a lot from my mistakes and from daughter J-bird's wonderful mothering skills! I talk calmly - or try very hard! Compliment her son - who will never do anything wrong anyways!

The night before we left town - until we have to make our dutiful visit again, we went to dinner with Mom and Bud. Although it is very nice of Mom to take us to dinner - which of course we can never contribute too - I really am grateful, it's just the comments. My hair looks lighter - the CA sun keeps it light - yes I dye it, as Mom reminds me.

I know the comments are not as bad as Wsister - the other ones will be discussed at a later time:)

As for Wsister - she should have waited out the weekend before cutting the "defiant locks"; however, I do understand wanting to just have a peaceful weekend with Mom.


No comments: